This beautiful place is located two hours from Cancun and is one of Mexico’s magical towns. It is a very colorful place where you will enjoy a significant number of activities that will allow you to know every corner of this town. Valladolid has activities for all tastes, do not miss this attractive place, we know you will love it.
Valladolid is a spectacular place that is located only two hours from Cancun. You can take a little bit longer by bus because of the scheduled stops. However, it is a means of transportation where you can meet other travelers who are excited about the wonders of Valladolid.
Things to do in Valladolid Yucatan
The amount of activities you can do in Valladolid is innumerable. If you have little time, or if you want to make an express trip to Valladolid, we suggest these activities:
- Suppose you are one of those people who loves to know the representative places, the central park of Valladolid is a place you will love. In that case, you will be able to walk, enjoy the shade of its beautiful trees, and taste some of the delicious gastronomy of Valladolid.
- Getting to know the cenotes is an activity that travelers should not miss. You can visit the Samula, Zaci, or Dzitnup cenote. Each one of them has its charm. You can spend an afternoon of water activities, refresh yourself in its waters and enjoy the beautiful landscapes around the cenotes.
- Visiting churches is another activity that travelers love. It is a tranquil plan, and you can walk to reach each of the churches. It is an exciting plan where you can learn about the culture of Valladolid and enjoy the architecture of its buildings. We suggest you visit the following churches: San Gervasio Cathedral, Candelaria Church, Santa Ana Church, Santa Lucia Church and San Bernardino de Siena Convent.
- Ek Balam is another place you can’t miss. If you like history, walking, and enjoying the beautiful landscapes Valladolid has to offer, you will love this place. You can get there by bus because it is located only 20 minutes from the center of Valladolid. Here you can find the archaeological richness that left Mesoamerican culture. You can see the contrast of its spectacular architecture with the green of the jungle.
- You can’t stop walking the streets of Valladolid. Each one of its streets has a history, a unique architecture. It is a place that you will love and that you will enjoy with the tranquility that you need.
- You can’t miss the Cenote de Zací. It is a spectacular place where you can refresh yourself and enjoy its crystalline waters. It is the perfect place to rest, there you will find a restaurant with all kinds of Mexican delicacies.
- If you are an art lover, in the Los Venados house, you can enjoy spectacular works of Mexican popular art.
- The gastronomy of Yucatan is well known worldwide. It is delicious, and there are many restaurants and food stands that will allow you to taste these delicious dishes.
- In Valladolid, you can find many charming accommodations where you can rest and get to know all the place’s corners. There is a wide offer and at excellent prices.
- The central square of Valladolid is a place where you can enjoy the spectacular cultural richness and the gastronomy of the place. It is all about local food.
Valladolid is a place that never ceases to surprise its travelers. Every day there are activities, places to visit. Its inhabitants are amicable and willing to give travelers directions to see the most important places in Valladolid. We are surprised by its landscapes, its cultural and gastronomic richness.
It is a place that we should not miss, wherever we go, we will find the historical richness, with incredible architecture, and above all, with many places and activities to enjoy a wonderful vacation that you will never forget.
We invite you to discover the wonders of Valladolid. As you can see, there are many options, and you will have a few days of charm and be able to do many activities. It usually takes a couple of days to get to know the whole place, so we suggest you take it easy and explore every corner of Valladolid.